Monday, November 24, 2008

Days 28-34 (suckage)

Wow, we’re totally sucking hind wind on our house wars goal! Our original deadline to each reach $1,000 was set for this Friday. And, mere days from that, neither of us is even close. Sigh.

Chris hasn’t snagged any extra cash in two weeks, opening the door for me to catch up (who-hoo), but I’m still behind. Boo.

While the “job opps” from friends/fam/coworkers has slowed, thankfully I’ve still been plugging away at my freelance job — I write for a social networking site. I haven’t been able to keep up the workload I maintained during the summer (about 25 projects a week) due to a hefty schedule at my day job (plus house hunting stress/drama/ yadda, yadda), but the extra funds trickling in have certainly helped. I’m now only $68 behind the hubs!

Maybe now that things with house No. 3 are looking good and we’ve extended our deadline to December 15, I can knock out some more work and leave the hubs in the dust. That would certainly be a very Merry Christmas. ;)


Current Cash Stats:

the wife: $432
the hubs: $500

No comments: